Message Get Genuine Office

Anonymous
2021-03-01T23:33:18+00:00

I get this message when I open Office 2019. Get Genuine Office you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Avoid security risks and get genuine office now. When I click on Get Genuine Office it takes me to a Get Office 365 page. My office 2019 is Genuine. Is this a way to sell 365. Is there a way to stop the message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-27T23:53:57+00:00

    Here's what worked for me.

    file/options/Privacy Settings

    Under All Connected Experiences uncheck Enable Connected Experience and restart Office.

    Worked for me too! Thanks for the hint! 

    Are Connected Experiences important for sync documents etc.?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T02:27:37+00:00

    I have no Idea about that. I was just glad to get rid of the message. Let me what you find out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T08:53:38+00:00

    Worked for me too.  Thank you.

    But do you have any idea why these messages pop up?

    I installed Office 2016 in December 2016 but I have never seen any warning messages until last week.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T16:33:05+00:00

    I have no idea why. I have 2019 installed on four computers and the message only popped up on one. **** is where i found the answer to the message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-30T14:42:40+00:00

    Yes it worked. Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments