Message Get Genuine Office

Anonymous
2021-03-01T23:33:18+00:00

I get this message when I open Office 2019. Get Genuine Office you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Avoid security risks and get genuine office now. When I click on Get Genuine Office it takes me to a Get Office 365 page. My office 2019 is Genuine. Is this a way to sell 365. Is there a way to stop the message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-03-27T23:53:57+00:00

    Here's what worked for me.

    file/options/Privacy Settings

    Under All Connected Experiences uncheck Enable Connected Experience and restart Office.

    Worked for me too! Thanks for the hint! 

    Are Connected Experiences important for sync documents etc.?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-27T17:34:44+00:00

    Here's what worked for me.

    file/options/Privacy Settings

    Under All Connected Experiences uncheck Enable Connected Experience and restart Office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    100+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-25T20:40:45+00:00

    I started getting this same message a few days ago with my Office 2019. Odd thing is, when I log into my Admin local user account, it doesn't give me this message. I only see it on my main user (non-Admin) local account. Before you tell me I should be using cloud synced accounts, I prefer to have Windows 10 setup for local accounts only and I'm not going to change that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-19T13:17:16+00:00

    I have the same problem since today. I have a monthly subscription to Office 365 and it is strange behavior. Uninstalled, re-installed - received the same message.  Logged out, logged in - the same. Tille yesterday I had no such problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    30+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-12T23:09:30+00:00

    What file does the message Get Genuine Office message come from.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments