Message Get Genuine Office

Anonymous
2021-03-01T23:33:18+00:00

I get this message when I open Office 2019. Get Genuine Office you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Avoid security risks and get genuine office now. When I click on Get Genuine Office it takes me to a Get Office 365 page. My office 2019 is Genuine. Is this a way to sell 365. Is there a way to stop the message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-04-07T12:16:14+00:00

    hi all i used to have the office 2016 package which came with my pc a few years back and then got this message. i then thought id upgrade to office 365 as it included everything i wanted. got the message a few times so i just uninstalled everything office related and rebooted pc, i downloaded the offline install package (iso image from Microsoft around 3GB) and then all went fine for about a week and then outlook crashed and did its usual sending reports ect.

    when outlook started back up again it then came up with the counterfeit message bar at the top again. its all linked to my online account with the same email address i used and logged in too.

    i have also cleared/deleted the heartbeat cache too which is also advised by microsoft to get rid of the message but its still there even after trying these methods.

    ##edit##

    i have noticed in my office it says office professional 2016 still and not my office 365 subscription. i have clicked update license and this does not change. i have never used office 2016 on my email address as i have never logged in with it before that i know of.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-03-30T14:42:40+00:00

    Yes it worked. Thank you

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T16:33:05+00:00

    I have no idea why. I have 2019 installed on four computers and the message only popped up on one. **** is where i found the answer to the message.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T08:53:38+00:00

    Worked for me too.  Thank you.

    But do you have any idea why these messages pop up?

    I installed Office 2016 in December 2016 but I have never seen any warning messages until last week.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-28T02:27:37+00:00

    I have no Idea about that. I was just glad to get rid of the message. Let me what you find out.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments