Message Get Genuine Office

Anonymous
2021-03-01T23:33:18+00:00

I get this message when I open Office 2019. Get Genuine Office you may be a victim of software counterfeiting. Avoid security risks and get genuine office now. When I click on Get Genuine Office it takes me to a Get Office 365 page. My office 2019 is Genuine. Is this a way to sell 365. Is there a way to stop the message.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

41 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T13:16:20+00:00

    I found something that works for me and stopped the annoying messages about genuine office.

    Download Office uninstall support tool from here: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8 

    Just follow the instructions; the PC will restart few times, the tool is removing everything related to Office on your machine and then, the same tool can install Office 365 for you - just sign in with your account and follow the instructions again. Very simple, for 15 or so minutes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T12:38:22+00:00

    I tried that but alert is still coming up. Really annoying.

    could you write what exactly you have done and what is the result?

    Did you reinstalled office from some previous ISO (some iso that was before the warning) and, on first run, "Disabled" office updates?

    It is working for me.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T08:40:14+00:00

    I tried that but alert is still coming up. Really annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T08:38:44+00:00

    I have all notifications turned off in settings and still get the counterfeit alert. Very annoying. I thought my software was legitimate on a new laptop but since the alert I have uninstalled it and purchased MS Office from their website, installed this and I still get the counterfeit alerts. Is this coming from MS or is it a scam?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-06-18T01:38:38+00:00

    I read on net that it is probably KB949810 that has pushed that code to check genuine software.

    And MS has also added code so that this update cannot be uninstalled.

    So, if someone could come up with a tool like wufuc that would either not allow just this update to be installed, or which could somehow just uninstall this update, that will be the real peace.

    Thanks.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments