Sun/moon (switch mode) button is missing in word 365

Anonymous
2021-05-12T18:00:39+00:00

Hi! 

I've switch word to dark mode but it didn't change the paper and I don't see any "change option" in view tab.

I'm using word 365 provided by our university. Version 2103 build 13901.20516

I've tried to update everything and I rebooted my PC ras well. 

(word is in czech language)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-08-27T21:01:47+00:00

    If you select the "Disable dark mode" option, you won't see the Switch Modes button.

    Clear the option, and the button returns to the View tab:

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-09-23T10:46:48+00:00

    Update: I've noticed now, out of sudden, it works correctly. :)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-10-13T13:41:06+00:00

    Does not work for me. Button is still missing and not showing up regardless of how often i tick "Disable dark mode", quit word, restart it and remove the "disable dark mode" tick and restart. No Switch Mode Button on my Laptop. Works fine on my desktop....

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-10-13T13:50:38+00:00

    Does not work for me. Button is still missing and not showing up regardless of how often i tick "Disable dark mode", quit word, restart it and remove the "disable dark mode" tick and restart. No Switch Mode Button on my Laptop. Works fine on my desktop....

    Are both installations the exact same version and build (and are both your laptop and your desktop running the same operating system)?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-10-13T16:16:54+00:00

    I don't get the button either way.

    Curiously, it works fine in the other 365 programs, or at least OneNote.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments