Sun/moon (switch mode) button is missing in word 365

Anonymous
2021-05-12T18:00:39+00:00

Hi! 

I've switch word to dark mode but it didn't change the paper and I don't see any "change option" in view tab.

I'm using word 365 provided by our university. Version 2103 build 13901.20516

I've tried to update everything and I rebooted my PC ras well. 

(word is in czech language)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-07-14T11:51:31+00:00

    As suggested upthread, this is likely the result of a phased rollout of the feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-07-14T15:14:30+00:00

    A phased rollout already taking more than 4 months? And why would you want to phase such thing anyway? There already is the insiders and currentpreview channel which do just that, right? Well, probably microsoft being microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-16T21:32:55+00:00

    Reply to myself. As of now, I have dark mode on my laptop too. So it happened few weeks after my desktop computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-17T16:34:52+00:00

    yes, I also have dark mode now... thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-18T13:16:20+00:00

    Good to see I'm not the only one having the problem.

    Even after recent update, still no "sun/moon button". Theme is dark but the paper is still white. And no, changing the paper color isn't a solution.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments