Sun/moon (switch mode) button is missing in word 365

Anonymous
2021-05-12T18:00:39+00:00

Hi! 

I've switch word to dark mode but it didn't change the paper and I don't see any "change option" in view tab.

I'm using word 365 provided by our university. Version 2103 build 13901.20516

I've tried to update everything and I rebooted my PC ras well. 

(word is in czech language)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-07-14T15:14:30+00:00

    A phased rollout already taking more than 4 months? And why would you want to phase such thing anyway? There already is the insiders and currentpreview channel which do just that, right? Well, probably microsoft being microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-07-14T11:51:31+00:00

    As suggested upthread, this is likely the result of a phased rollout of the feature.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-07-14T09:36:34+00:00

    I have the same problem. I am on office 365 pro. Weird thing is, on the CurrentPreview channel, the Word dark mode works since version 2103. But everytime I change back to Current channel it stops working. Even now on 2106. This is very annoying

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-07-13T12:28:00+00:00

    It is not related to the CPU. My IT department found that Microsoft is still rolling this feature out to the various Office 365 subscriptions. We haven't found any rhyme or reason to it, but there it is.

    Hello, I have Word 365 installed on 3 PCs, and 2 of them displaying normally are win10 family edition, the the one suked up is win10 pro. Guess this is the problem.

    Same here, one Home edition is OK, all three Win 10 Pro without button!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-07-13T07:15:54+00:00

    It is not related to the CPU. My IT department found that Microsoft is still rolling this feature out to the various Office 365 subscriptions. We haven't found any rhyme or reason to it, but there it is.

    Hello, I have Word 365 installed on 3 PCs, and 2 of them displaying normally are win10 family edition, the the one suked up is win10 pro. Guess this is the problem.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments