Sun/moon (switch mode) button is missing in word 365

Anonymous
2021-05-12T18:00:39+00:00

Hi! 

I've switch word to dark mode but it didn't change the paper and I don't see any "change option" in view tab.

I'm using word 365 provided by our university. Version 2103 build 13901.20516

I've tried to update everything and I rebooted my PC ras well. 

(word is in czech language)

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-25T17:01:31+00:00

    Should it have worked all the way back in Version 2101, though, or just more current versions? I do have the Disable tickbox in Version 2101, but even toggling it and restarting Word a few times has not given me this sun/moon button. And now it seems stuck on the rolled back 2101, because even after telling 365 it could install updates again, it's telling me it's current. LOL

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-08-18T23:44:32+00:00

    The "Disable dark mode" button is not working properly. Sometimes, you have to toggle the option several times, and exit Word in between, and then you can get the desired option to stick. That is what I had to do for the screen shot in my previous reply.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-08-18T22:40:31+00:00

    Does that only work in and is this 'sun/moon' button only in the most recent build releases of 365? I rolled mine back to Version 2101 because I could not work well with the "Modern Comments" feature--but I have this same same "Disable Dark Mode" checkbox, it just doesn't seem to DO anything, and I cannot find any "sun/moon" button to switch the page to black like I want to.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.7K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2021-08-18T12:15:11+00:00

    Use the "Disable dark mode" option to toggle the display color of the page when you are using the Black theme.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-08-18T12:04:14+00:00

    S A M E

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments