Onenote sync issue error E000283C

Anonymous
2020-04-20T01:44:48+00:00

Hi,

I am continually having sync issues between my 2 Windows 10 computer and mt ipad using Onenote. This has been working fine until last night. The iPad contains the latest changes to one particular notebook and when I try to sync shows an error message " Onenote can't sync your notes at the moment. We'll keep trying' with a code E000283C. Both Windows 10 apps show that the notebook is saved offline and that the computer doesn't appear connected to the internet. Well they ARE connected to the internet and when I try to access the notebooks online they are very slow to load up but eventually get there.

 I have checked the service status page with no faults showing and my onedrive syncs fine so I am assuming that the Microsoft service is at fault here. I have read elsewhere not to log out of the account if there are changes pending as they will be lost but I need to get this resolved.

Regards

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

47 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-04-20T22:44:40+00:00

    I'm having the same issue here with OneNote syncing with notebook on Teams. Most notebooks don't load at all within the Teams app and I get the same thing when using the Sharepoint site through the browser instead.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-20T23:01:13+00:00

    I am having the same problem.  It started after using the onenote extension for Firefox which asked me to sign in despite already being signed in.  This eventually started to work again but then I had error E0001462 on my ipad pro and was unable to synch.  It eventually synched by the end of the day but when I started working again this morning, nothing that I do on my ipad is synched to my onenotes and I get error E000283C

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T01:48:46+00:00

    Same or similiar issue here.  I and my team are using several different versions on different technologies at different locations with different internet providers.  Pages syncing very slowly or not at all.  Sometimes it says No internet detected and sometimes No Content available.  Its been happening for 2 days now

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T04:33:14+00:00

    Hi,

    I appreciate you for posting your concern in the Community Forum. Let's try to solve this error message. Were you able to perform all troubleshooting steps provided in the articles below? If not yet, please do so and get back to us with the results.

    Fix issues when you can't sync OneNote

    Fix sync issues in OneNote for iOS or Android

    Seeing that you are an Office 365 subscriber, therefore, we also encourage you to take advantage of free Technical Support that is one of the benefits of this program. We have folks there that are more than just equipped in doing more advanced methods of troubleshooting to solve this matter in real-time. Here's the link where you can reach them. 

    For any results, please let us know by replying to this thread, and we will get back to you as soon as we can.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-21T04:33:33+00:00

    Same issue here...  started yesterday (20-4-20).

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments