Spacebar not working on Word/OneNote (iPad)

Anonymous
2020-05-05T23:52:09+00:00

Hello. I am using an iPad Pro with an external Magic Keyboard, and I came to notice (quite quickly) that on the Microsoft Office suite the spacebar is not working when pressed/clicked on the keyboard. So, I come to ask, is there a way to solve this? Because currently it is kind of useless to use Word/OneNote and not be able to press the spacebar and have a space between words.

I think its possible that the problem is present since the Magic Keyboard is brand new hardware and Microsoft Office Suite may not recognize it yet. And it is a big deal and problem for note taking or word processing in general.

EDIT: Spacebar works properly only when pressing Option + Spacebar, quite annoying to have to do a command just to correctly use the spacebar, seems like a bug to me.

The problem is present on an iPad Pro 2020 11” with the Apple Magic Keybard (Spanish - ISO) running iPad OS 13.4.1and the latest OneNote/Word version.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | iOS

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-06-23T03:04:46+00:00

    Same problem, spacebar searches in one note :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    10 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-06-22T17:33:29+00:00

    I have this problem as well and I think it’s new. Hopefully it can be fixed soon so that I can use OneNote, which is a great program and very useful for crossing platforms and planning projects and taking notes.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-06-17T00:06:26+00:00

    I found this to be work around for the space bar. But one should not have to turn off full access. I am sure if the correct people are notified it could be fixed.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-06-16T23:51:00+00:00

    I am have the same issue of the space bar not spacing in MS OneNote. When I hit the space bar it goes to the search icon. I am using Magic keyboard and have the same issue with a wireless apple keyboard. I believe at one time it was functional. Hope can find a work around.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-06-14T01:24:07+00:00

    I would like to say that the Arrow keys are not working as well.

    See if you can add a space in between the subject (e.g. Thisismynote) in OneNote using the ipad and a hardware keyboard.

    If the situation could not be solved, I need to go back to other note applications......

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments