Cannot edit Word documents in Teams

Anonymous
2020-03-24T22:23:58+00:00

I've lost the ability to edit Word documents in Teams.  Is there anything I can do to fix that?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-03-27T03:14:33+00:00

Hi All

Thanks for all the feedback here.

We would like to inform that this change is just a temporary adjustment due to the COVIN-19.

You can get more information or keep track of this change in the message center:

To open the Message center, first, make sure that you have selected the Try the new admin center toggle on the admin center Home page, and then go to Health > Message center to check the post (MC 207443).

We will continue to monitor our Microsoft 365 services on an ongoing basis and share any further updates here.

Meanwhile, only the Office 365 Education license is affected by this change, if you are working with a different license but still have the same issue, or there is any other issue when using Teams or edit document online due to this change, we suggest you post a new thread on our community and we will keep working for you.

We highly appreciate your understanding. Please do take care during this specific period.

Best Regards

Higgins

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

43 additional answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T21:15:25+00:00

    Yes, check your message center.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T21:08:13+00:00

    Where did you find this information? Did Microsoft post this?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-03-25T19:40:57+00:00

    I have a similar problem. I uploaded a Microsoft Document and I cannot edit it in teams, only if I go to share point. It doesn´t show any error. I can edit the excel and Power Point documents. Actually, a document I was working with las week is not editable anymore.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Stefan Blom 353.5K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2020-03-25T16:42:04+00:00

    I just wanted to confirm that the workaround can be used by other people than me...

    Since this is happening only with Word, it is obviously a bug. You can report it via the feedback mechanism in Teams.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments