Powerpoint 2016 - Inking tool appears to work but doesn't Mark up

Anonymous
2020-08-24T12:51:42+00:00

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows what might be wrong.  When using the Inking tool in Powerpoint 2016 the teacher I'm helping can start the inking tool, pick a colour and thinkness of the writing point but there is no Markup when he tries to draw on either his tablet or mouse.

He tried:

  1. reinstalling Office 2016
  2. Makign sure all Office updates were complete
  3. Office 2010 Powerpoint works fine
  4. Google doesn't appear to have any suggestions on this one :-(

Any idears?

Thanks,

Randy

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-27T22:19:02+00:00

    Hello, 

    I have the same problem on my Surface with PowerPoint 2016...for OneNote, Excel and Word this InkTools functions work well!

    Also in online version of PowerPoint it works! Can you fix this problem please?

    Regards,

    Dmitry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T21:04:35+00:00

    I solved the problem by removing office manually...I used russian instruction from here:

    https://support.microsoft.com/ru-ru/office/удаление-office-вручную-4e2904ea-25c8-4544-99ee-17696bb3027b?ui=ru-RU&rs=ru-RU&ad=RU

    Not sure if it is the same:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8#:~:text=Click%20Start%20>%20Control%20Panel.,remove%2C%20and%20then%20click%20Uninstall.

    Best wishes and good luck with painting!)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-02-02T14:57:31+00:00

    I tried everything listed in this forum and am still having exactly the same problem.
    The phenomenon started a couple of weeks ago, probably after a Windows update. Before that, there was no problem at all.

    Microsoft, please fix this problem as soon as possible.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-02-07T08:26:13+00:00

    Hi,

    Im facing the same issue. everithing worked fine and suddently its not.

    Other office apps work fine, the problem is only with powerpoint.

    I found a temporary solution I saw in one of the comments here.

    Use the online version of PowerPoint. If you save the file under onedrive directory, you can rightclick on it and press "show online" at the OneDrive section of context-menu (Im not sure its the accurate text, im using hebrew version).

    this will open the file with PowerPoint online. use full screen mode in the browser for a better experience.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-03-18T22:43:05+00:00

    Try to turn on Internet Explorer 11 in control panel futures on and off and tell me pls if there is any change in your issue (my problem too)

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments