Powerpoint 2016 - Inking tool appears to work but doesn't Mark up

Anonymous
2020-08-24T12:51:42+00:00

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows what might be wrong.  When using the Inking tool in Powerpoint 2016 the teacher I'm helping can start the inking tool, pick a colour and thinkness of the writing point but there is no Markup when he tries to draw on either his tablet or mouse.

He tried:

  1. reinstalling Office 2016
  2. Makign sure all Office updates were complete
  3. Office 2010 Powerpoint works fine
  4. Google doesn't appear to have any suggestions on this one :-(

Any idears?

Thanks,

Randy

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2021-01-28T21:04:35+00:00

    I solved the problem by removing office manually...I used russian instruction from here:

    https://support.microsoft.com/ru-ru/office/удаление-office-вручную-4e2904ea-25c8-4544-99ee-17696bb3027b?ui=ru-RU&rs=ru-RU&ad=RU

    Not sure if it is the same:

    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/office/uninstall-office-from-a-pc-9dd49b83-264a-477a-8fcc-2fdf5dbf61d8#:~:text=Click%20Start%20>%20Control%20Panel.,remove%2C%20and%20then%20click%20Uninstall.

    Best wishes and good luck with painting!)

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-01-27T22:19:02+00:00

    Hello, 

    I have the same problem on my Surface with PowerPoint 2016...for OneNote, Excel and Word this InkTools functions work well!

    Also in online version of PowerPoint it works! Can you fix this problem please?

    Regards,

    Dmitry

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2021-01-27T16:07:43+00:00

    I have the same problem and even can't ink in the safe mode.

    Is there any to fix it ? It is pretty challenging during distance learning without the ink tools in math class.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2021-01-27T03:42:11+00:00

    I too just started noticing this issue today. Can Microsoft please reply with a few options to try. I've already done the safe mode option, and still no success.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2021-01-22T05:15:17+00:00

    Hi

    I have the same problem.

    Do you have a solution for

     that situation?

    BR

    No. I think it's a bug in the latest update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments