Powerpoint 2016 - Inking tool appears to work but doesn't Mark up

Anonymous
2020-08-24T12:51:42+00:00

Hi all,

Wondering if anyone knows what might be wrong.  When using the Inking tool in Powerpoint 2016 the teacher I'm helping can start the inking tool, pick a colour and thinkness of the writing point but there is no Markup when he tries to draw on either his tablet or mouse.

He tried:

  1. reinstalling Office 2016
  2. Makign sure all Office updates were complete
  3. Office 2010 Powerpoint works fine
  4. Google doesn't appear to have any suggestions on this one :-(

Any idears?

Thanks,

Randy

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

42 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-08-30T18:44:54+00:00

    That's great to hear! Thank you for looking into it. I'll check it out after the August update.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-08-30T18:14:58+00:00

    Hi KMH_709

    Jessica and I are on the same team here in Office. We're sorry that Word wasn't fixed along with PowerPoint and Excel. Since receiving your message, we were able to diagnose and fix the issue specific to Word. Once the August Office updates are available, installing them should resolve the issue for you.

    -Jesse

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T00:15:09+00:00

    Unfortunately the teacher I was helping went to a computer shop.  The tech was unable to figure it out.  The solution he came up with was to install a newer version of office the teacher already had access too.  It doesn't occur in Office 365.

    Thank you for you time,

    Randy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-18T17:55:01+00:00

    So this issue is only in PowerPoint 2016? Do any of the pens work? You mentioned switching between pen and highlighter. Is that on a "Pens" tab or a "Draw" tab?

    Could someone also post a screenshot or video of this experience for more context?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-10T00:57:44+00:00

    Hi Jomel

    I have the same problem and posted here.

    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/msoffice/forum/msoffice\_powerpoint-mso\_win10-mso\_2016/powerpoint-2016-inking-doesnt-work/dbbce187-ff04-45ab-822f-551da116def7?tm=1599686882370

    I have tried in safe mode as you suggest and it remains unchanged. Note I can't "mark" the page with a mouse either even though the cursor for the coloured pen can be seen on the pages

    P

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments