OneNote shows weird line when drawing (also lags when drawing) Huion Kamvas Pro

Anonymous
2020-07-22T00:02:12+00:00

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I have a link to a video showing the issue here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VqyMS33GUQ&feature=youtu.be . 

This problem only happens when using my tablet's pen to draw, if I switch to mouse mode, it works fine. I also experience weird lag when using the pen, which you can briefly see in the video.

I really enjoy using OneNote and I don't want to stop, however if I can't get rid of this bug I have no alternative but to find another program. Here are some things I have tried to fix the solution.

  1. Reinstallation. I have reinstalled the product, event completely removing it through powershell then reinstalling it by following some guides, the issue persists.
  2. Looking in settings. I have looked through the settings enabling and disabling multiple options to no avail.
  3. Starting a new page/notebook. I have tried starting a fresh page, and the problem still persists.
  4. Messing with tablet settings. I have messed with my wacom tablet's settings, recalibrating the touch pen and everything but nothing seems to work.

The exact tablet I'm using is this: https://www.amazon.com/HUION-KAMVAS-Pro-Sensitivity-Bar-15-6inch/dp/B07S7BCTWW 

If anyone could point me to a solution I would be very grateful.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-04T21:42:22+00:00

    Same issue on my surface pro 3 but my surface book works fine. Used both pens on both computers and they function as expected. Uninstalled OneNote for windows 10 and reinstalled and the issue persist on the surface Pro 3. OneNote 2016 works fine as well as other drawing apps. Additionally, the issue happens in Word and PowerPoint applications as well.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T17:38:27+00:00

    I have the same problem on my Surface Pro 4, One Note 2016. There is a terrible lag and funny line strikes in the pen writing input panel. I have gotten rid of it by installing the latest surface drivers https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4023482/surface-download-drivers-and-firmware. But, it eventually returns, then I repeat the process. 

    I have not made any changes to my surface pro for years except allow windows updates. I have used it almost exclusively for taking notes in One Note 2016. However, it seems that these problems started to appear at about the same time I began using Zoom. I wonder if the Zoom program is causing my problems.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-09T20:29:00+00:00

    I have a similar problem and found a solution that worked for me.

    My Setup: OneNote Desktop (MS Office Suite 2019); Huion HS610 drawing tablet; Up-to-date Win10 PC.  -  The tablet is working in other apps.

    Problem: I tried to draw in OneNote and experienced poor performance; lag; strange app behavior and a OneNote crash.

    Solution: I closed OneNote > opened the Huion Tablet app > Re-checked (turned on) "Enable Windows Ink" > "Apply" > Opened OneNote > PROBLEM SOLVED!

    This worked for me. I hope it helps someone else.

    P.S. You will probably need to turn OFF "Enable Windows Ink" before using graphics programs. Drawing apps must be closed when making changes in the Huion tablet app.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-25T22:24:30+00:00

    I'm having this same problem with OneNote for Windows 10 and a wacom tablet.

    Nearly two months and not even close to a solution? Not impressive, Microsoft.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-25T22:33:34+00:00

    I'm having this same problem with OneNote for Windows 10 and a wacom tablet.

    Nearly two months and not even close to a solution? Not impressive, Microsoft.

    There is a solution but I think it might not be for everyone

    SOLUTION: Factory reset your device to fix OneNote Windows 10 app, but if you don't want to, OneNote Office 2016 still works perfectly fine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments