OneNote shows weird line when drawing (also lags when drawing) Huion Kamvas Pro

Anonymous
2020-07-22T00:02:12+00:00

Hi everyone,

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? I have a link to a video showing the issue here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VqyMS33GUQ&feature=youtu.be . 

This problem only happens when using my tablet's pen to draw, if I switch to mouse mode, it works fine. I also experience weird lag when using the pen, which you can briefly see in the video.

I really enjoy using OneNote and I don't want to stop, however if I can't get rid of this bug I have no alternative but to find another program. Here are some things I have tried to fix the solution.

  1. Reinstallation. I have reinstalled the product, event completely removing it through powershell then reinstalling it by following some guides, the issue persists.
  2. Looking in settings. I have looked through the settings enabling and disabling multiple options to no avail.
  3. Starting a new page/notebook. I have tried starting a fresh page, and the problem still persists.
  4. Messing with tablet settings. I have messed with my wacom tablet's settings, recalibrating the touch pen and everything but nothing seems to work.

The exact tablet I'm using is this: https://www.amazon.com/HUION-KAMVAS-Pro-Sensitivity-Bar-15-6inch/dp/B07S7BCTWW 

If anyone could point me to a solution I would be very grateful.

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-30T02:22:25+00:00

    I am experiencing exactly the same problem.

    The funny thing is that it only happens when I use pens or highlighters with solid colors.

    If you try and use those pens with the sparkly patterns on OneNote, the line won't appear.

    So far, this line issue appears on OneNote, PDF Reader (app from Microsoft store), Drawboard PDF (app from Microsoft store),

    but does not appear on Foxit Reader, Adobe Acrobat, or Xodo. So, I suspect something might be wrong on the Huion's side.

    Was this answer helpful?

    9 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-28T20:05:56+00:00

    Hi Gabe,

    I had the exact same issue on a Surface Go in OneNote and Sticky Notes, but not in Whiteboard. Uninstalling the last two Windows updates (installed a few day ago) solved it for me. You could give that a try to see if it fixes your problem for now.

    Best Regards,

    Luc

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-07-27T01:06:17+00:00

    I posted the question to feedback hub as was suggested 4 days ago and I have gotten no response 😕

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-07-26T23:28:33+00:00

    I'm having this same issue -- occurs in OneNote and Word but not Whiteboard.

    Would love a solution!

    Best,

    Andy

    Was this answer helpful?

    7 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-07-22T12:22:26+00:00

    Hey Arck,

    It does only affect the OneNote UWP app. I have had success using my tablet with the Microsoft Whiteboard App, and the iXplain app. I'll file a report through the appropriate channels, and continue using the 2016 version in the meantime.

    Thanks again,

    Gabe

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments