A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Do you guys still have the issue?
I really don't know what to do!
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
(Updated post)
Hi.
Anybody knows how to solve this problem?
In Word when I select, References tab, Citations, bottom right options and Citation Source Manager, word just immediately crashes and the Microsoft Error Reporting window appears.
I'm using:
macOs Catalina version 10.15.3
Microsoft Word for Mac Version 16.35 (20030802)
Any suggestions?
Thanks
The error report:
Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0
Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
ExceptionEnumString: 805306368
Exception Code: 0x00000001 (0x00000001131b4000)
Date/Time: 2020-03-18 03:43:14 +0000
Application Name: Microsoft Word
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word
Application Signature: MSWD
Application Bitness: x64
Application Version: 16.35.0.20030802
Crashed Module Name: merp
Crashed Module Version: 16.35.0.200308
Crashed Module Offset: 0x0000000000005aa3
Blame Module Name: MSXML
Blame Module Version: 16.35.0.200308
UnsymbolicatedChecksum: 135E1661A83E6FD0B9AFE703627F81C9
Blame Module Offset: 0x00000000000e5ab1
StackHash: e71d84****ce0b85e-dm_805306368_main
Application LCID: 10**
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0409
Build Type: Release
Crashed thread Stack Pointer: 0x_00007ffeee98f158
Crashed thread: 0
......
Operating System Information
Operating System: Mac OS X 10.15.3 (Build 19D76)
CPU: Intel x86, Logical CPU Count: 4, Frequency: 2500 MHz
Physical Memory: 16384 MB
Device_model: MacBookPro14,1
Screen: 1440.000000 x 900.000000, bitsPerPixel = 24, frame = 0.000000, 0.000000, 1440.000000, 900.000000
Screen: 1920.000000 x 1080.000000, bitsPerPixel = 24, frame = 1440.000000, 763.000000, 1920.000000, 1080.000000
CrashedApp_Virtual_Memory_Size_MB: 5472.765
CrashedApp_Resident_Memory_Size_MB: 250.5820
ErrorReportingDeviceUUID: 9C58D398-40D1-5D8D-8387-7C9****
ErrorReportingUUID: 401992B7-2E61-4329-8F97-FDDE4****
ULS UUID: 1F7C6E31-C5AE-436E-A1FA-809195E****
CrashedLogSessionId: 1F7C6E31-C5AE-436E-A1FA-809****
TimeFromLaunch: 0 hours, 10 minutes, 46 seconds
CrashedSessionDuration: 646
Total errors on this client: 95
Microsoft Application Information:
Audience: Production
Tenant_Id: 5f282910-176f-459d-ab7d-b7****
AudienceChannel: CC
AudienceGroup: Production
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Do you guys still have the issue?
I really don't know what to do!
Hi All,
We appreciate your patience so far. Thank you for sharing your experience here.
Given the situation you encountered, we have reported this issue to the related team. And a related team may need some time to check it and solve this problem.
If we have any updates we will post back as soon as possible.
Keep safe!
Best Regards,
Sukie
Glad to find that there are other people with this problem, I'm going to delete office from my laptop now and re-install it but I do want to share some additional information already, because I'm wondering if there are more people who experienced this:
I also noticed that the bibliography system didn't function as it used to. Before I installed the latest update on my mac, I was able to open the citation manager but all of the references weren't in alphabetical order anymore, which made searching quite hard. Also, when I would import my bibliography it would not automatically be alphabetized (which it used to do before) and when I wanted to convert the bibliography to static text it wasn't possible, which caused a huge workaround and I also now installed another citation manager due to this problem. Which led me to this problem, because I want to export over 200 citations from word to Mendeley but now the citation manager crashes every time I want to do this.
Word 16.35 (200030802)
No, completely empty documents
No, new documents but I worked with references in word since oktober 2018 without any problems
Yes, but only since yesterday (Mendeley)
See notes I made before. I don't think it is document specific, but that is has to do with the Mac / word combnination
Here are the log files excerpts:
Microsoft Error Reporting log version: 2.0
Error Signature:
Exception: EXC_CRASH (SIGABRT)
ExceptionEnumString: 805306368
Exception Code: 0x00000001 (0x0000000144143000)
Date/Time: 2020-04-02 14:08:53 +0000
Application Name: Microsoft Word
Application Bundle ID: com.microsoft.Word
Application Signature: MSWD
Application Bitness: x64
Application Version: 16.35.0.20030802
Crashed Module Name: merp
Crashed Module Version: 16.35.0.200308
Crashed Module Offset: 0x0000000000005aa3
Blame Module Name: MSXML
Blame Module Version: 16.35.0.200308
UnsymbolicatedChecksum: 135E1661A83E6FD0B9AFE703627F81C9
Blame Module Offset: 0x00000000000e5ab1
StackHash: e71d84888ce0b85e-dm_805306368_main
Application LCID: xx57
Extra app info: Reg=en Loc=0x0809
Build Type: Release
Crashed thread Stack Pointer: 0x_00007ffee3749188
Crashed thread: 0
macOS Catalina
Version 10.15.4
Macbook Pro (13 inch, Mid 2012)
Dear, Sukie.
I thank you for your reply. The issue still remains. I tried to install Word 16.34, but even this package did not resolve the issue.
I will be waiting for any solution.
Regards.
Atilla
Hi All,
Thanks for your feedback in this community, we totally understand that this issue has caused significant inconvenience for your daily work.
Recently several users mentioned that they encountered this issue in Word for Mac 16.35. Given this situation, we have also tested it on our side with Word 16.34、16.35 and insider fast version 16.36 and we cannot reproduce the same situation as yours.
Given this situation, I do understand the inconvenience it has made and apologize for it.
On the one hand, for a workaround, you can download Word 16.34 package from this article to check if the same problem will occur, if not, in order to not affect your daily work, we’d suggest you use Word 16.34 as alternative way.
On the other hand, we have collected the information and we may need some time to confirmed this situation with related resource. Please wait patiently, if we have any updates and we will post back. At the same time, you can also provide feedback to our related team by clicking on the Smiley Face button inside Word. This feedback will directly go to them so that our related team can hear your voice on this feature directly.
Your understanding and patience will be highly appreciated.
Best Regards,
Sukie