YouTube Video not playing in PowerPoint Presenter Mode

Anonymous
2019-12-09T17:53:52+00:00

I inserted a YouTube video in my PowerPoint 2016 presentation and the slide with the video will not play in Presenter Mode. It will play in non-presenter mode and in "duplicate slide show" setting but i am doing a presentation and would like to not disturb the flow. What can i do? Any solution??

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-10T23:57:41+00:00

    I'm not reproducing your problem. The samples worked on my system. With the video selected, the animation buttons were available.

    Does it happen if you open PowerPoint in Safe mode?

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Open-O...

    Safe mode is not a way to regularly use PowerPoint, but it is a valuable diagnostic step. If your problem goes away when you use Safe mode, we can walk you through other steps that may help eliminate the problem. Please write back.

    If it does not go away in Safe mode, first try Quick Repair (takes 5 - 10 mins) , if that doesn't help then try Online Repair (Takes more than 30 mins but less than 1 hour in general)

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

    See also https://support.office.com/en-us/article/error-...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T02:07:08+00:00

    It still doesn't work in safe mode and the repair through the control panel didn't help. I'm not understanding how to do an online repair. I do not want to uninstall Office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T02:33:35+00:00

    The Online Repair is through the Control Panel Modify button. It may be what you already did. In many ways it is similar to reinstalling. It is usually seamless. I can't say the same for reinstalling.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T02:52:50+00:00

    Yes, I did that and no change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T04:26:36+00:00

    You are welcome to post a sample here and I will try it in different machines and configurations to see If I can see what is happening. If you want, save a sample presentation with the problem on OneDrive or Dropbox and paste a link here. Remove any confidential or sensitive information first. I or someone else can take a look at it.

    See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Right now, though, I am going to sleep.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments