YouTube Video not playing in PowerPoint Presenter Mode

Anonymous
2019-12-09T17:53:52+00:00

I inserted a YouTube video in my PowerPoint 2016 presentation and the slide with the video will not play in Presenter Mode. It will play in non-presenter mode and in "duplicate slide show" setting but i am doing a presentation and would like to not disturb the flow. What can i do? Any solution??

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T18:09:40+00:00

    Hi

    What sort of problem are you having?

    Do you have another screen connected?

    What is your Office version?

    (The latest on the monthly channel is 1911.)

    How are you starting the video? Any animations or transitions?

    This forum is a user-to-user support forum. I am a fellow user.

    I hope this information helps.

    Please let me know if you have any more questions or require further help.

    You can ask for more help by replying to this post (Reply button below).

    Regards

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T18:22:49+00:00

    Hi Charles,

    I am displaying to a second screen. The screen shows a YouTube video with the Play arrow, but when i click the arrow, it does not play. This only happens in presenter mode. If I change the display option to "mirror" it will work, but then I would need to change the computer display options back to extended view or no longer use the presenter mode and it will disturb the presentation. It seems to be a glitch in the PPT presenter mode options. Any ideas?

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T19:55:02+00:00

    As a workaround, set an Animation to play the video for With Previous or On Click.

    With Previous will start it within seconds of the slide coming up. On Click means just that. Clicking on the slide will start the video rather than advancing to the next. (So will the right-arrow key.)

    Note, you need to have the video selected when you set the Animation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T20:28:31+00:00

    Thank you Charles, this only works for videos from the PC (which works fine in presenter mode) however,  it doesn't with any online videos like YouTube. When i click animations and select the video I cannot select any animation. Still struggling with this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T20:56:18+00:00

    I just did it before I posted.

    Go to your slide.

    Insert Tab

    Insert Video

    Online

    Paste in the url from YouTube

    A video screen shows on the slide.

    Size it.

    Apply animation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments