YouTube Video not playing in PowerPoint Presenter Mode

Anonymous
2019-12-09T17:53:52+00:00

I inserted a YouTube video in my PowerPoint 2016 presentation and the slide with the video will not play in Presenter Mode. It will play in non-presenter mode and in "duplicate slide show" setting but i am doing a presentation and would like to not disturb the flow. What can i do? Any solution??

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T22:57:40+00:00

    Can you click on Play?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T21:58:05+00:00

    Thank you Charles,

    I did just that, and all animation options are greyed out when i import from online :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T20:58:42+00:00

    I tried it before I posted because lately I have just been using videos from the pc because I've had bad experiences with Internet connections when making presentations. So, before I told you to do it, I tried and made sure it would work, when in presenter view. It does.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T20:56:18+00:00

    I just did it before I posted.

    Go to your slide.

    Insert Tab

    Insert Video

    Online

    Paste in the url from YouTube

    A video screen shows on the slide.

    Size it.

    Apply animation.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-09T20:28:31+00:00

    Thank you Charles, this only works for videos from the PC (which works fine in presenter mode) however,  it doesn't with any online videos like YouTube. When i click animations and select the video I cannot select any animation. Still struggling with this...

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments