YouTube Video not playing in PowerPoint Presenter Mode

Anonymous
2019-12-09T17:53:52+00:00

I inserted a YouTube video in my PowerPoint 2016 presentation and the slide with the video will not play in Presenter Mode. It will play in non-presenter mode and in "duplicate slide show" setting but i am doing a presentation and would like to not disturb the flow. What can i do? Any solution??

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-12T16:47:32+00:00

    Thank you Charles,

    Same issue with this file, no change. The version that I see here is: 2016 (16.0.4266.1001) MSO (16.0.4939.1000) 32 bit running on Windows 10 English

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T16:17:06+00:00

    I have no problem with it here.

    I made a change to add animation. The video starts about 5 seconds after the slide comes up. Here is the modified version.

    https://www.dropbox.com/s/0uhr250iuehqj2t/prese...

    Let me know if it still has the same problem on your end.

    **Which version of PowerPoint 2016 do you have?**Someone else just reported the same thing with embedded videos (from PC) in PowerPoint 2019. I'm thinking this may have something to do with a particular release. This would be under File > Info. My version is 1911.

    What is your Office Installation default language? The other person is using the Turkish version. I've seen some bugs slip into only non-English versions of Office. That may be what is happening here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T15:28:23+00:00

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T04:26:36+00:00

    You are welcome to post a sample here and I will try it in different machines and configurations to see If I can see what is happening. If you want, save a sample presentation with the problem on OneDrive or Dropbox and paste a link here. Remove any confidential or sensitive information first. I or someone else can take a look at it.

    See https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

    Right now, though, I am going to sleep.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-11T02:52:50+00:00

    Yes, I did that and no change.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments