YouTube Video not playing in PowerPoint Presenter Mode

Anonymous
2019-12-09T17:53:52+00:00

I inserted a YouTube video in my PowerPoint 2016 presentation and the slide with the video will not play in Presenter Mode. It will play in non-presenter mode and in "duplicate slide show" setting but i am doing a presentation and would like to not disturb the flow. What can i do? Any solution??

Microsoft 365 and Office | PowerPoint | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-23T17:06:48+00:00

    Got it, after step 5 click browse. 

    I now followed all these steps and it still doesn't play YouTube videos in presenter mode. I see a play button, and nothing happens when i click on it... :-(

    Can the folks at Microsoft have a fix?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-23T17:06:38+00:00

    Thank you msing539. After step 6, where do i find options? where are the settings for high performance? 

    Click on the newly added Microsoft PowerPoint app icon that's created, if you successfully added it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-23T16:53:22+00:00

    Thank you msing539. After step 6, where do i find options? where are the settings for high performance?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-22T23:23:16+00:00

    I had this same issue for a long time--videos play fine in edit mode, and only play over HDMI/extended if the presentation is duplicated, not using Presenter View.

    Most sites suggest disabling slide show and hardware graphics acceleration under advanced, but in my case, with an RTX 2070, playback of simple PowerPoint animations is horrendous--although videos do play for me when doing this.

    I solved this--and I honestly think I'm the first to do so--by doing the following:

    1. Windows 10 x64 connected to projector via HDMI
    2. Right click on desktop
    3. Display settings
    4. All the way at the bottom, click Graphic Settings
    5. Choose Classic App
    6. Browse for PowerPoint at C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\root\Office16\POWERPNT.EXE (or wherever your version is located)
    7. Click Options
    8. Change to High Performance
    9. Restart PowerPoint and try your video in show mode again

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2019-12-17T23:17:37+00:00

    Thank you. Same thing even even after updating the driver.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments