Microsoft respects your privacy, but, I cannot click on, and CLOSE?

Anonymous
2019-11-02T16:17:50+00:00

Microsoft  respects your privacy, but, I cannot click on, and CLOSE?  When trying to close the Microsoft Office 365, it will not let me close, but, does say Click on Word, etc.!

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

54 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Deleted

    This answer has been deleted due to a violation of our Code of Conduct. The answer was manually reported or identified through automated detection before action was taken. Please refer to our Code of Conduct for more information.


    Comments have been turned off. Learn more

  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-16T12:41:32+00:00

    Found the solution: Use your "tab" button to get the cursor to move over to the right part of the screen that you can't see. Keep going through the various screens until you approve the privacy policy. I reduced my screen resolution but I don't think it's necessary. You'll see the cursor move off the links on the left side of the screen, and when it disappears, you'll know that your cursor is on the "OK" button that is hidden on the right side of the box. Hope this helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Stefan Blom 353.6K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2020-01-16T12:58:55+00:00

    That sounds like a useful workaround for those who are experiencing this issue. Thanks for the idea.

    Note that changing the screen resolution would of course only be temporary. You can change it back afterwards. :-)

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-16T17:01:26+00:00

    Thanks; that's logical and I think it would work.  Unfortunately I followed a suggestion on another thread and deleted Word and Excel files so that I no longer see the Microsoft respects your privacy blurb.  In my case, there's no way I can tab right, don't know how to undo what I've done.

    I wish I'd seen your reply first!

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-05T00:55:13+00:00

    That worked!  I had to lower my display resolution quite a bit.  I was then able to see the full dialog box, to confirm the agreement, click, "done", etc.  Glad I saw your suggestion--thanks!

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments