How to display Horizontal Lines of a Table

Anonymous
2019-12-22T18:54:07+00:00

Hi,

I am trying to display Horizontal lines of a table. Somebody please guide me how to do that?

Zulfi.

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Charles Kenyon 171K Reputation points Volunteer Moderator
2019-12-23T18:09:31+00:00

Looking at your screenshots, I see that you have single cells in your table with many lines of text. You do not have a single table "row" for each line of text.

You cannot enable internal borders because there are no internal borders. No gridlines will display inside a cell.

See the screenshot below. Note the end-of-cell markers.

Was this answer helpful?

2 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

49 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-22T20:27:25+00:00

    In the screenshot you are in the "layout" tab. Just to the left of that when you have the table selected is the "table design" tab.

    Click on that.

    There is a button near the far right that is called "borders". Click on that dropdown and choose the option you want.

    The attached file is the button you should see and the dropdown it should have.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Suzanne S Barnhill 279.4K Reputation points MVP Volunteer Moderator
    2019-12-22T22:03:25+00:00

    You already have View Gridlines enabled on the (Table) Layout tab.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-22T22:05:15+00:00

    Hi,

    Thanks. I tried your suggestions. Its not working yet. I don't know if its the problem associated with the edit mode. I have tried accepting the changes also.

    Zulfi.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-22T22:48:00+00:00

    Hi,

    Yes "view Gridlines" are enabled. Should I disabled them and then try using Borders?

    Zulfi.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments