Excel slicer bug - slicer options are blurry

Anonymous
2020-01-16T19:40:08+00:00

Hello all,

I've been working with Microsoft support and they're unwilling to assist in this manner, shockingly. However, they suggested I post here on the forum to see if anyone has any answers.

In short, my slicers are blurry. This clearly seems to be a bug, so not sure anyone will have answers, but has anyone experienced this? The slicers are blurry across files, and I've restarted the system. Interestingly, the slicers are not blurry when viewing the same files online. So, this must be a visualization issue within excel itself - not a file issue.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Microsoft Office. 

Thoughts anyone?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-02-06T15:50:21+00:00

Morning Jesper,

Thanks for the prompt to check. Interestingly, it's working on my end now. I noticed the other day that Microsoft pushes an update to Excel, and now things are working. Looks like it was a Microsoft thing after all, as things look now. Have you updated?

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T16:28:52+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the exact same problem did you manage to solve it without changing accounts?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T16:51:51+00:00

    Hey Jim - transferring to a new account seems a lot more involved than just moving files, but deals with preferences, program installations, etc. The link you sent involved moving files into a shared folder then into the new account, but I'm wondering if there's a way to essentially clone the account, although that would likely transfer the problem as well.

    I'm also having a hard time understanding how this particular issue would only manifest itself in this highly specific way, and if there's not a more specific fix to the corruption than starting over with an installation of my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T16:52:50+00:00

    Sadly I have not. Just saw Jim's post above, which I imagine would work given that the issue does seem to be isolated to a specific profile, but reinstalling a user essentially seems like reinstalling an OS, and it seems like overkill to fix this issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T17:40:04+00:00

    Sadly I have not. Just saw Jim's post above, which I imagine would work given that the issue does seem to be isolated to a specific profile, but reinstalling a user essentially seems like reinstalling an OS, and it seems like overkill to fix this issue.

    I agree,

    and the strange thing is that it started to manifest itself a few weeks ago, I never had the problem before so and I have done no changes what I know so it should have something to do with a update or something like that.

    Let's hope some one more savvy than us can help us to solve this issue...

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments