Excel slicer bug - slicer options are blurry

Anonymous
2020-01-16T19:40:08+00:00

Hello all,

I've been working with Microsoft support and they're unwilling to assist in this manner, shockingly. However, they suggested I post here on the forum to see if anyone has any answers.

In short, my slicers are blurry. This clearly seems to be a bug, so not sure anyone will have answers, but has anyone experienced this? The slicers are blurry across files, and I've restarted the system. Interestingly, the slicers are not blurry when viewing the same files online. So, this must be a visualization issue within excel itself - not a file issue.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Microsoft Office. 

Thoughts anyone?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-02-06T15:50:21+00:00

Morning Jesper,

Thanks for the prompt to check. Interestingly, it's working on my end now. I noticed the other day that Microsoft pushes an update to Excel, and now things are working. Looks like it was a Microsoft thing after all, as things look now. Have you updated?

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-21T18:18:00+00:00

    Hi Jim,

    I'm using 10.15.2 - apologies, saw that posted above.

    In defense of Waqas' strategy, he was asking me to send actual excel workbooks that may have had identifying information. I was able to create dummy workbooks that did not, but I appreciate the attempt at providing privacy. Waqas also responded directly here with his response, and did not attempt to move the conversation to a private one.

    Just wanted to clarify, and thanks in advance Jim for any additional insight you might have.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2020-01-21T18:06:52+00:00

    Waqas this is a PUBLIC forum.

    Since you took this private needlessly, the rest of us are still in the dark. What version of Mac OS is involved on what version of the operating system?

    PLEASE STOP being rude to the rest of us here.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-21T17:48:24+00:00

    Thanks Waqas - this turned out to be quite helpful. I opened excel on the guest user profile and the issue did not replicate, indicating that it's due to some sort of setting I have on my Mac. This also rules out a bad video driver or outdated drivers as those would universally affect all experiences on my computer.

    Any idea what settings I should check, or is this an Apple/Mac genius bar thing at this point?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-20T09:31:05+00:00

    Since you have re-installed Office a couple of times, you should have the most recent version, so "updating" is not worth suggesting, unless you know for sure that a new version has been released.

    .

    Is that screen cap exactly what you see or did you pixelate it for privacy?

    .

    It looks like a bad interaction between Excel / slicers and the video driver. Check to see if there is a newer version of the video driver you can install.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments