Excel slicer bug - slicer options are blurry

Anonymous
2020-01-16T19:40:08+00:00

Hello all,

I've been working with Microsoft support and they're unwilling to assist in this manner, shockingly. However, they suggested I post here on the forum to see if anyone has any answers.

In short, my slicers are blurry. This clearly seems to be a bug, so not sure anyone will have answers, but has anyone experienced this? The slicers are blurry across files, and I've restarted the system. Interestingly, the slicers are not blurry when viewing the same files online. So, this must be a visualization issue within excel itself - not a file issue.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Microsoft Office. 

Thoughts anyone?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-02-06T15:50:21+00:00

Morning Jesper,

Thanks for the prompt to check. Interestingly, it's working on my end now. I noticed the other day that Microsoft pushes an update to Excel, and now things are working. Looks like it was a Microsoft thing after all, as things look now. Have you updated?

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2020-01-22T19:29:27+00:00

    Hi

    Uninstall/reinstall rarely fixes issues. You mentioned you installed updates and that the issue has survived updates. When you update your software, you're replacing the office components with new ones, which would seem to be the goal of uninstall/reinstall. That said, updating is not the same as completely remove and then reinstall.

    Here's how to completely remove Office:

    Uninstall Office for Mac - Office Support

    My first inclination would be to troubleshoot your fonts. Do you use a 3rd party font management tool? If yes, either update or disable it. You can use the File menu of Font Book app (comes with Mac OS) to restore the system fonts. That's what I would start with if I came across this problem on my Mac.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-22T19:17:33+00:00

    Hi Waqas,

    I've followed up with Apple and they're confident it's an excel issue. They're suspecting their are off/corrupt files within the hidden file structure of excel. I'm guessing that the best solution may be to reinstall excel, but to fully delete all of the associated files (obviously not the specific spreadsheet files, but the program files in hidden folders). I'm now not seeing how to contact microsoft directly anymore for support - would you happen to know how to do this?

    Specifically, I'm being told to "talk to my admin" and that "only admins can contact support," even though I don't have an admin because it's my own license.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-22T16:24:50+00:00

    Good morning Waqas,

    Thanks for these articles. My mac has been up to date, so that's not an issue. Must be some other issue. It's strange that I'm only experiencing this issue with excel, and only in this way. You'd think I'd see a problem more broadly. I also have a pretty good GPU, so I doubt it's a matter of load. In any case, I'll follow up with Apple support.

    Thanks for your assistance!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-22T10:05:48+00:00

    Hi TCCarnuel,

    We appreciate that you spent your precious time doing those tests and shared the test results with us. I do understand the inconvenience it has made and apologize for it. And we’re still glad to help you.

    Glad to hear this issue will not replicated with another user profile. It seems issue is related to local settings had affected the application and as “Rohn007 MVP” mention it might be related to video driver on mac.

    I found following article related to updates software on mac you may refer this article and see if any improvement.

    How to update the software on your Mac.

    Set graphics performance on MacBook Pro.

    Meanwhile also please contact Apple supportregarding to video drive on Mac OS for further assistance.

    ***Disclaimer:***Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology.

    @Jim, I apologize for it and we just asked to OP to provide workbook via PM because of if OP workbook have confidential information then to protect confidential information in public.   

    Regards,

    Waqas Muhammad

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments