Excel slicer bug - slicer options are blurry

Anonymous
2020-01-16T19:40:08+00:00

Hello all,

I've been working with Microsoft support and they're unwilling to assist in this manner, shockingly. However, they suggested I post here on the forum to see if anyone has any answers.

In short, my slicers are blurry. This clearly seems to be a bug, so not sure anyone will have answers, but has anyone experienced this? The slicers are blurry across files, and I've restarted the system. Interestingly, the slicers are not blurry when viewing the same files online. So, this must be a visualization issue within excel itself - not a file issue.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Microsoft Office. 

Thoughts anyone?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-02-06T15:50:21+00:00

Morning Jesper,

Thanks for the prompt to check. Interestingly, it's working on my end now. I noticed the other day that Microsoft pushes an update to Excel, and now things are working. Looks like it was a Microsoft thing after all, as things look now. Have you updated?

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T16:51:51+00:00

    Hey Jim - transferring to a new account seems a lot more involved than just moving files, but deals with preferences, program installations, etc. The link you sent involved moving files into a shared folder then into the new account, but I'm wondering if there's a way to essentially clone the account, although that would likely transfer the problem as well.

    I'm also having a hard time understanding how this particular issue would only manifest itself in this highly specific way, and if there's not a more specific fix to the corruption than starting over with an installation of my computer.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-25T16:28:52+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the exact same problem did you manage to solve it without changing accounts?

    Thanks

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2020-01-24T18:17:00+00:00

    Hi

    It's really hard to help when the AI bots keep jumping in with replies that throw everything off track.

    I re-read the thread and noticed that you took the troubleshooting step of trying Excel in a new Mac OS user account where the behavior was correct as expected. This means your original user account is corrupt. Troubleshooting a corrupt user account is not worth the bother. It is easier to simply migrate to a new user account and copy all your documents to the new account.

    How to transfer your data to the new account. https://kb.iu.edu/d/amoe

    Once you are confident everything migrated and is working properly, you can delete the corrupt user in Mac OS System preferences.

    When an account goes bad, I always wonder why that happened. You can give yourself some reassurance by using Disk Utility to verify your startup and Time Machine volumes to make sure they are OK.

    Repair a storage device in Disk Utility on Mac - Apple Support

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-23T18:44:54+00:00

    Thanks Jim - do you know if restoring system fonts will delete all the added ones? I do not use a 3rd party font management tool, but I have installed custom fonts - would you still suggested working on that end? It would seem odd given that the issue does not happen when I log on to the same computer as a guest user.

    Sometimes when I reinstall software, it seems to "remember me" from previous installations, leaving me thinking that preference files, etc. are still present somewhere on the computer. Maybe one had gotten corrupt? 

    Again, because the issue doesn't occur as a guest user, it leaves me thinking that it's something related to either 1) the specific install of excel on that user profile, or 2) the interaction between excel and some other program that's only open when I'm logged on in my main profile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments