Excel slicer bug - slicer options are blurry

Anonymous
2020-01-16T19:40:08+00:00

Hello all,

I've been working with Microsoft support and they're unwilling to assist in this manner, shockingly. However, they suggested I post here on the forum to see if anyone has any answers.

In short, my slicers are blurry. This clearly seems to be a bug, so not sure anyone will have answers, but has anyone experienced this? The slicers are blurry across files, and I've restarted the system. Interestingly, the slicers are not blurry when viewing the same files online. So, this must be a visualization issue within excel itself - not a file issue.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Microsoft Office. 

Thoughts anyone?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-02-06T15:50:21+00:00

Morning Jesper,

Thanks for the prompt to check. Interestingly, it's working on my end now. I noticed the other day that Microsoft pushes an update to Excel, and now things are working. Looks like it was a Microsoft thing after all, as things look now. Have you updated?

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Jim G 134.1K Reputation points MVP
    2020-01-26T17:37:41+00:00

    Hi TC,

    You have a good point regarding customizations. You're the first to ask about them, and you are correct, your customizations need to also migrate to your new user account. 

    Office and Mac OS allow you to customize your setup, so if you have done that, I won't be able to tell you where to look for your personal customizations except in a general sense.

    For Microsoft Word you will find the location of your default template (Normal.dotm) in the location specified in Word > Preferences > File Locations. Other files such as templates can have custom locations, too.

    Copy the template files in your Templates locations to your new Mac OS User account into the same directory tree.

    Here's the path to default user content:

    /Users/UserName/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/User Content.localized

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-26T15:18:21+00:00

    That's when my issue started as well. Are you on a Mac? Perhaps it's something with changes on the Mac side and interactions with Excel?

    Definitely makes me a lot less likely to use Excel for professional purposes - not the presence of the issue, but Microsoft's unwillingness to troubleshoot. I do appreciate the folks here who have responded, and certainly understand if ultimately it's not an Excel issue, but as of now it's only happening within Excel, so hard to imagine Microsoft just saying it's not their issue at all. Maybe.

    I am on a macbook pro 2016, Catalina 10.15.2

    I have posted the question on the apple community https://discussions.apple.com/thread/251072173 so let's see what kind of answer we get.

    Looks like we're running the same or similar machine.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-26T15:17:35+00:00

    I've been shocked at Microsoft's lack of support on this issue. The support agent/tech person I talked to was very kind, but literally said we have no other options for you and can't continue support. They wouldn't escalate the issue to engineering or any other support level. I've never experienced a product, or product support, in which someone literally discontinued service while the issue persisted.

    I would definitely understand if the issue were isolated to a a definitive problem with Mac OS, but the support agent didn't do that - just couldn't figure it out, and refused to continue trying.

    Side note - I couldn't see the "feedback" link under file - any other suggestions? I've already submitted feedback based on the initial support ticket feedback request email.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-26T01:16:48+00:00

    If it has not already been done, someone should submit a "feedback" to MS with a link to this question.  Use the Feedback command under the File menu.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments