Excel slicer bug - slicer options are blurry

Anonymous
2020-01-16T19:40:08+00:00

Hello all,

I've been working with Microsoft support and they're unwilling to assist in this manner, shockingly. However, they suggested I post here on the forum to see if anyone has any answers.

In short, my slicers are blurry. This clearly seems to be a bug, so not sure anyone will have answers, but has anyone experienced this? The slicers are blurry across files, and I've restarted the system. Interestingly, the slicers are not blurry when viewing the same files online. So, this must be a visualization issue within excel itself - not a file issue.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Microsoft Office. 

Thoughts anyone?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-02-06T15:50:21+00:00

Morning Jesper,

Thanks for the prompt to check. Interestingly, it's working on my end now. I noticed the other day that Microsoft pushes an update to Excel, and now things are working. Looks like it was a Microsoft thing after all, as things look now. Have you updated?

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-02-06T19:03:31+00:00

    I think the same? Except I did the direct download (download the file from Microsoft and install) instead of installing from the app store. Not sure which version you have. Maybe they'll push the update to you sometime soon? And I could be wrong about the update - maybe it was another microsoft update? I'm showing version 16.34 on my end.

    It is the same, I have 16.33 and can not find 16.34 anywhere online and when i hit update it says that my excel is up to date! It might be because I am in Sweden and  our update comes later du to that they have to adjust it to our language. At least it gives me hope for the future!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-02-06T18:43:57+00:00

    I think the same? Except I did the direct download (download the file from Microsoft and install) instead of installing from the app store. Not sure which version you have. Maybe they'll push the update to you sometime soon? And I could be wrong about the update - maybe it was another microsoft update? I'm showing version 16.34 on my end.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-02-06T18:36:59+00:00

    Morning Jesper,

    Thanks for the prompt to check. Interestingly, it's working on my end now. I noticed the other day that Microsoft pushes an update to Excel, and now things are working. Looks like it was a Microsoft thing after all, as things look now. Have you updated?

    No, there is no update for me! I have 365 what Excel for Mac do you have?

    Thanks for you help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-02-06T15:59:37+00:00

    Morning Jesper,

    Thanks for the prompt to check. Interestingly, it's working on my end now. I noticed the other day that Microsoft pushes an update to Excel, and now things are working. Looks like it was a Microsoft thing after all, as things look now. Have you updated?

    Thanks, I will check that.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments