Excel slicer bug - slicer options are blurry

Anonymous
2020-01-16T19:40:08+00:00

Hello all,

I've been working with Microsoft support and they're unwilling to assist in this manner, shockingly. However, they suggested I post here on the forum to see if anyone has any answers.

In short, my slicers are blurry. This clearly seems to be a bug, so not sure anyone will have answers, but has anyone experienced this? The slicers are blurry across files, and I've restarted the system. Interestingly, the slicers are not blurry when viewing the same files online. So, this must be a visualization issue within excel itself - not a file issue.

I've tried uninstalling & reinstalling Microsoft Office. 

Thoughts anyone?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-02-06T15:50:21+00:00

Morning Jesper,

Thanks for the prompt to check. Interestingly, it's working on my end now. I noticed the other day that Microsoft pushes an update to Excel, and now things are working. Looks like it was a Microsoft thing after all, as things look now. Have you updated?

Was this answer helpful?

0 comments No comments

42 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-17T14:01:50+00:00

    Good morning Waqas,

    Thanks for your reply. The issue does not happen for me with all slicers or in all worksheets, but it does happen in multiple worksheets, and it is replicated when I copy and paste data into a new workbook. In other words, the issue with both persist and pervasive, but like you I can create slicers that do work correctly, and have many such functioning slicers in my worksheets at present.

    Follow-up observations: The slicers become blurry when resizing to a larger size. When I first create a slicer, it's not blurry. When I resize it to make it larger, it becomes blurry. If I make it smaller again, the blurriness goes away. This seems like a bug with the visualization engine of excel. The issue seems to occur on all slicers for me, so the issue does now appear to be consistent - it's only happening with some slicers because I've only resized some slicers.

    I have also ensured that office is up-to-date, and again have reinstalled Office 365. The issue has been happening for 2 weeks now.

    Excel version 16.33 (20011301)

    Mac OS: 10.15.2

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-17T08:42:49+00:00

    Hi TCCarnuel,

    Thanks for posting the query here in the community. I apologize for all the inconvenience.

    Per your description, slicers are blurry in Excel 365. We test in our side Excel version 16.33 PivotTable slicers, Table Slicers, and PivotChart slicers can work as expected. See below is my test image.

     

    To move further**, ensure your Office have the latest updates**. Here’s how to install updates:

    In any Office application, go to the Help menu and choose Check for Updates to launch the AutoUpdate app. Let AutoUpdate install updates and then restart your Mac.

    Also, You can set up Mac in safe mode according to this article: Start up in safe mode. This can help you troubleshoot whether it is caused by third-party software.

    Disclaimer: Microsoft provides no assurances and/or warranties, implied or otherwise, and is not responsible for the information you receive from the third-party linked sites or any support related to technology.

    If the problem persists, can you please provide the following information for moving further:

    1. Excel application version with detail build number. (Open Excel application> Click on Excel in Menu bar> About Excel)
    2. macOS version. (Click on Apple icon> About Mac)
    3. Do all the Excel documents have the same problem? You can create a new one to check if the same problem will occur. If the problem only happens on a specific document, you can copy the content of problematic file and paste it into a newly created file to continue the work. 

    Appreciate your patience.

    Regards,

    Waqas Muhammad

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments