One Note - Hiding completed tasks once completed on Desktop

Anonymous
2020-01-25T07:35:53+00:00

Where in One Note desktop version is the hide completed tasks from To Do lists. On my phone the completed tasks disappear but on the desktop they all remain making this a useless very long To Do list - finding open tasks is awful. Having to fully delete Tasks in To Do lists in Desktop OneNote leaves no record of ever doing the task. Often I want to check when I completed it - particularly with my work account. There should be an option in the ribbon to hide completed To Do's once completed. If it does exist I would love to know how to do it as I can't find it. 

I have started using OneNote at work and on my personal account for organising and recording daily activities and this flaw is making me have to look at alternatives for To Do lists which is a shame, as the mobile version seems to have the functionality. 

Regards

Julian Floyd

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T07:03:03+00:00

    I'm also having the same problem. In an 'ongoing' to-do list, things are added and completed. Who wants all their completed tasks hanging around polluting the list? Come-on Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-09-15T22:06:32+00:00

    Having the same issue.

    Microsoft - Can you let us know either "We hear you and we're looking into it" or "We fixed it, here's the solution"?

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T21:38:16+00:00

    This is the kind of small stuff that makes someone move on and search for other software/app alternatives, sadly no response from Microsoft on this regard... Is someone at Microsoft even reading this 8+ month discussion????

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-23T13:48:16+00:00

    Google Keep does this seamlessly and so easily.

    I don't understand why Microsoft is so useless and has such poor customer service.

    Its easy! Check Item, Item disappears. Want to see Item, check option to see checked Items. How hard is it?

    Come on Microsoft! 

    Wake up!

    Was this answer helpful?

    4 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-10-07T15:03:11+00:00

    Where in One Note desktop version is the hide completed tasks from To Do lists. On my phone the completed tasks disappear but on the desktop they all remain making this a useless very long To Do list - finding open tasks is awful. Having to fully delete Tasks in To Do lists in Desktop OneNote leaves no record of ever doing the task. Often I want to check when I completed it - particularly with my work account. There should be an option in the ribbon to hide completed To Do's once completed. If it does exist I would love to know how to do it as I can't find it. 

    I have started using OneNote at work and on my personal account for organising and recording daily activities and this flaw is making me have to look at alternatives for To Do lists which is a shame, as the mobile version seems to have the functionality. 

    Regards

    Julian Floyd

    I too am having the same issue.  Our organization just changed our iphone access to apps, so we no longer have reminders.  I started using OneNote for To Do lists, but when I complete the task and check the box the item is hidden on the iphone app, but not on the desktop version.  The workaround suggested is inadequate; you can search and then create a summary of the unchecked items; however, formatting is lost and items from different pages are all lumped together.  You would need to create this summary anew each time you wanted to see only the unchecked tasks. Very cumbersome.  Why can't Microsoft make the desktop version work the same as the mobile phone app?  

    Microsoft, please respond!  Many users have weighed in and would like the same functionality as the iphone mobile OneNote app--hide the checked tasks. 

    Thank you, 

    MaryAnn

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments