One Note - Hiding completed tasks once completed on Desktop

Anonymous
2020-01-25T07:35:53+00:00

Where in One Note desktop version is the hide completed tasks from To Do lists. On my phone the completed tasks disappear but on the desktop they all remain making this a useless very long To Do list - finding open tasks is awful. Having to fully delete Tasks in To Do lists in Desktop OneNote leaves no record of ever doing the task. Often I want to check when I completed it - particularly with my work account. There should be an option in the ribbon to hide completed To Do's once completed. If it does exist I would love to know how to do it as I can't find it. 

I have started using OneNote at work and on my personal account for organising and recording daily activities and this flaw is making me have to look at alternatives for To Do lists which is a shame, as the mobile version seems to have the functionality. 

Regards

Julian Floyd

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-07-21T15:05:37+00:00

    Bob,

    The responses keep appearing from other users with the same issue. Have Microsoft got this on the list for a fix anytime soon?

    Julian Floyd

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-22T14:24:37+00:00

    I'm interested in a solution to this issue as well.  It will be a much more useful tool to be able to hide completed tasks without having to create a separate summary tag page.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-08-06T00:12:04+00:00

    I too would like to see this feature. Crazy that it is not included from day one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-09-01T19:42:12+00:00

    It's crazy that this functionality is available for mobile but not in the desktop versions which is where most of us business-y users work and live.  

    @Microsoft can someone chime in with the roadmap on this?  I'm too lazy to go look it up.

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-09-08T05:58:51+00:00

    Indeed!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments