One Note - Hiding completed tasks once completed on Desktop

Anonymous
2020-01-25T07:35:53+00:00

Where in One Note desktop version is the hide completed tasks from To Do lists. On my phone the completed tasks disappear but on the desktop they all remain making this a useless very long To Do list - finding open tasks is awful. Having to fully delete Tasks in To Do lists in Desktop OneNote leaves no record of ever doing the task. Often I want to check when I completed it - particularly with my work account. There should be an option in the ribbon to hide completed To Do's once completed. If it does exist I would love to know how to do it as I can't find it. 

I have started using OneNote at work and on my personal account for organising and recording daily activities and this flaw is making me have to look at alternatives for To Do lists which is a shame, as the mobile version seems to have the functionality. 

Regards

Julian Floyd

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-03-26T23:51:55+00:00

    Having same problem. Has a solution been found yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-04-09T04:49:35+00:00

    I am having the same problem and it seems unbelievable that this is hard to understand.  Certainly when you make a checklist, there should be some way to get the completed items to be hidden.  So basic.  I'm using Onenote, not 2016, just Onenote for Windows 10.  Three months and no solution?  Really?

    Was this answer helpful?

    20+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-04-11T06:45:36+00:00

    I'm having the same issue. Has this been solved?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-12T16:44:56+00:00

    Having the same issue. Would be very helpful to get this fixed

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-24T13:38:36+00:00

    Very keen to find out if any progress was made here - please share an update?  I have the same issue and a a totally compulsive list maker.  This will make my life a lot easier.

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments