A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
*Whoops , I didn't read far enough along in the comments. You guys know about the below, but just in case someone else might find it useful I'll leave it here.
So I was looking for this feature too. I wanted to have the items autohide when it was checked.
I came across this article about how to use tags in oneNote and it kind of gives me what I was looking for, and more.
You can tag the items with a star or a question mark and then from the home tab go to find tags. This brings up the tags summery window.
You can see your starred items, and your question-marked items, and there is actually a check box on the summary page that reads ''Show only unchecked items".
That's your baby.
But, now that I know how to use these tags, that's not even the best way to tweak lists.
If you are here looking for these items to go away when checked then you'll probably dig these pages:
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/x-ways-super-charge-list-onenote/
https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/why-every-onenote-user-needs-to-start-using-tags-right-now/