One Note - Hiding completed tasks once completed on Desktop

Anonymous
2020-01-25T07:35:53+00:00

Where in One Note desktop version is the hide completed tasks from To Do lists. On my phone the completed tasks disappear but on the desktop they all remain making this a useless very long To Do list - finding open tasks is awful. Having to fully delete Tasks in To Do lists in Desktop OneNote leaves no record of ever doing the task. Often I want to check when I completed it - particularly with my work account. There should be an option in the ribbon to hide completed To Do's once completed. If it does exist I would love to know how to do it as I can't find it. 

I have started using OneNote at work and on my personal account for organising and recording daily activities and this flaw is making me have to look at alternatives for To Do lists which is a shame, as the mobile version seems to have the functionality. 

Regards

Julian Floyd

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2021-05-26T11:31:43+00:00

    I think we can ask a mod to close the topic.. it would probably take minimal development effort and I see plenty of interest in other topics and forums as well for this, but MS simply doesnt seem to give a **** about it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2021-05-25T15:21:19+00:00

    The summary page is an option, however it's not all that great.

    I use different pages, tabs or sections to group to do items by certain functions separately. The summary throws it all into one. I just want a darn button that says "hide completed items". I don't want to have to use a different app, I keep a ton of notes into OneNote which is the entire purpose.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-09-11T07:03:03+00:00

    I'm also having the same problem. In an 'ongoing' to-do list, things are added and completed. Who wants all their completed tasks hanging around polluting the list? Come-on Microsoft

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-08-06T00:12:04+00:00

    I too would like to see this feature. Crazy that it is not included from day one.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-02-03T23:59:09+00:00

    I tried replicating your issue, I also experienced the same action where a long list of to do's are lined-up and there is no way to hide the completed To-Do lists. To be sure that we are on the same page, I would like to request a screenshot of the issue so that I can figure out if we have the same outcome. Please refrain from adding any personal information when sending a screenshot. If you need instructions about adding screenshots to your post, click on this link.

    We'll wait for your post.

    Bob

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments