One Note - Hiding completed tasks once completed on Desktop

Anonymous
2020-01-25T07:35:53+00:00

Where in One Note desktop version is the hide completed tasks from To Do lists. On my phone the completed tasks disappear but on the desktop they all remain making this a useless very long To Do list - finding open tasks is awful. Having to fully delete Tasks in To Do lists in Desktop OneNote leaves no record of ever doing the task. Often I want to check when I completed it - particularly with my work account. There should be an option in the ribbon to hide completed To Do's once completed. If it does exist I would love to know how to do it as I can't find it. 

I have started using OneNote at work and on my personal account for organising and recording daily activities and this flaw is making me have to look at alternatives for To Do lists which is a shame, as the mobile version seems to have the functionality. 

Regards

Julian Floyd

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

44 answers

Sort by: Most helpful
  1. Anonymous
    2020-09-22T21:38:16+00:00

    This is the kind of small stuff that makes someone move on and search for other software/app alternatives, sadly no response from Microsoft on this regard... Is someone at Microsoft even reading this 8+ month discussion????

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-07-21T14:18:55+00:00

    I like OneNote and use it all the time but this issue of not being able to hide completed tasks on the desktop version is a total pain. As a result, I do almost everything on my iPhone and only (occasionally) use OneNote on my desktop unless it's to create a completely new note or plan. 

    Please fix this!

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-05-05T12:56:29+00:00

    We followed the above & it does not hide the checked items

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-10-09T12:19:34+00:00

    Please either create this feature or tell us it's not going to happen, MicroSoft. Not getting a reaction is just annoying.

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-03-26T23:51:55+00:00

    Having same problem. Has a solution been found yet?

    Was this answer helpful?

    5 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments