A family of Microsoft products that enable users to capture, organize, and reuse notes electronically.
I'm not sure if this will help, but I use my to do list on One Note in the "tags summary" option as this will pull my to do's from across the whole notebook, There is an option there to "only show unchecked items" which works well for me.
I appreciate this is not helpful or anyone who writes a to do list all in one place rather than using the tags summary.
A work around could be to use the tags summary to generate your to do list --> select "only show unchecked items" and then --> "Create Summary Page". This should create a summary page for you with only the unchecked items. You would, however, have to update this periodically to get rid of the checked items until MS fix this! But it could help in the meantime!