Excel crash after update to version 2001 12430.20050

Anonymous
2020-01-15T14:08:56+00:00

Hi all,

Since version 2001 2430.20050 , Excel is no longer responding as it should :

  • Save as - Browse : no exporer window is shown
  • New file - Save : file is not saved, on exit excel the confirmation window is shown every time over when replying "yes" on the question to save the file
  • file - options - addins - manage excel addins : when clicking the button, excel crashes

Tried this on different hardware with different accounts, they all react the same.

A solution is highly apreciated.

Best regards,

Kris

Microsoft 365 and Office | Excel | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2020-01-20T02:46:24+00:00

Hi All,

Related Microsoft team stated that this incident i.e. OP200466 has been resolved as of Saturday, January 18, 2020, at 4:26 PM UTC. Affected users can download an update that will fully mitigate this issue. If still problem persists, you can feel free to post back to us.

Appreciate all your patience and time.

Best Regards,

Chitrahaas

Was this answer helpful?

1 person found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

45 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2020-01-17T09:30:50+00:00

    We go back to the previous version....and waiting for a stable update!!!!!

    At the moment Excel is unusable!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-17T09:13:15+00:00

    Hi Jonas,

    I tried a reinstall (uninstall, reboot, install), but Excel still crashes. Did you do something special? Which version do you use. I'm using german 32bit version.

    Best Regards,

    Wolfgang

    I am also using german 32bit version. But I did a reinstall from our deployment tool which is 16.0.11901.20000. I also did a reinstall with the install file from office.com. I now deactivated updates for office.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-17T09:01:08+00:00

    We encounter the same problems:

    • adding new sheets doesn't work
    • moving or copying sheets result in crashes
    • we have some excel sheets with macros, they immediateley crash after opening

    I tried a reinstallation (uninstall, reboot, install), but Excel still crashes. We're using german 32bit version.

    This error event is in the event log:

    Name der fehlerhaften Anwendung: EXCEL.EXE, Version: 16.0.12430.20050, Zeitstempel: 0x5e1570bd

    Name des fehlerhaften Moduls: EXCEL.EXE, Version: 16.0.12430.20050, Zeitstempel: 0x5e1570bd

    Ausnahmecode: 0xc0000005

    Fehleroffset: 0x000d227c

    ID des fehlerhaften Prozesses: 0x2a78

    Startzeit der fehlerhaften Anwendung: 0x01d5cd13a010173b

    Pfad der fehlerhaften Anwendung: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE

    Pfad des fehlerhaften Moduls: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Root\Office16\EXCEL.EXE

    Berichtskennung: b8e34f98-b091-4ce0-a33d-fea6fa07c254

    Vollständiger Name des fehlerhaften Pakets: 

    Anwendungs-ID, die relativ zum fehlerhaften Paket ist: 

    Best Regards,

    Wolfgang

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-01-17T08:56:59+00:00

    Hi Jonas,

    I tried a reinstall (uninstall, reboot, install), but Excel still crashes. Did you do something special? Which version do you use. I'm using german 32bit version.

    Best Regards,

    Wolfgang

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments