Fonts not working on Microsoft word

Anonymous
2019-07-31T13:09:19+00:00

I've installed a few fonts that I want to use in Microsoft Word 365. They are open type fonts. They show up in my font selection choices in Microsoft Word but when I start to type it does not use the correct font. It uses a generic font. I know that it isn't a problem with the font itself because it works in other programs. Any solutions?

Microsoft 365 and Office | Word | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-12-18T13:30:18+00:00

Be sure to extract the font from a zip file if it came that way. The option to install or install for all users will not be available if the font is still inside a zip file. 

Windows 10 makes it easy, though. In File Explorer, browse into the zip file to the font file. At the top of File Explorer, click the Extract (Compressed Folder Tools), then click Extract all. Follow the prompts, then, when the files are extracted, right-click and Install for All Users.

Was this answer helpful?

10+ people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

40 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-12-06T02:50:05+00:00

    trying to solve same problem..... Right click on what for "Install for all users"

    Thank you

    Once you've downloaded the font, if it is in a zip file, you need to extract it.  Once its extracted, you go to the folder where you've extracted your font and right click on the font's file.  You will see several choices, but two of them are "install" and "install for all users."  Make sure you click on "Install for all users."

    Was this answer helpful?

    6 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-12-06T17:32:48+00:00

    unfortunately i'm not seeing the "install or "install for all users" by right clicking.

    If i actually open the TFF than the type example window opens and gives me an option

    at top left to either print or install.  

    If i "install" than yes it shows up in my WORD menu type option but does not actually

    show up on the typed document as that particular font.......... just generic.

    So somewhere i am missing a big step.

    I'm studying and studying this.......... frustrating.

    Thank you

    Sandy

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-12-12T08:03:18+00:00

    Same here... Everything is up to date, everything SHOULD work just fine, but the FONTS DO NOT!!!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-12-18T13:49:54+00:00

    For all those wondering. I was able to get it working again. I can't remember exactly how, but I think I deleted microsoft word and reinstalled it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments