A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Mmm, that stinks. I still OK, no permissions errors.
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I'm finding I'm getting an intermittent permissions error in Word 365 (16.24) on MacOS Mojave (10.14.4).
I'll generally be able to open and save documents for a couple of hours - then, I'll get an error telling me I don't have the required permissions to open the document(s) I'm trying to access. I can't save the current document I'm working on either. These are all documents that I have created - on the same Mac using Word 365 (usually within the last few days or weeks)
A restart helps with the issue - but only postpones it for another couple of hours. Plus I don't want to have to keep restarting!!
When I try to open a file I get the following popup:
After selecting to grant access I then get:
Then, after choosing the correct file and selecting 'grant access', I get:
Any help would be appreciated! I can obviously post more info if required.
Thank you.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Mmm, that stinks. I still OK, no permissions errors.
I've had this problem for over a year now and Microsoft office has been HORRIFIC at getting back to me on their customer support line. I have done troubleshooting with tier 2 support and no one is able to figure this out. I have to shut down word and re open it every 30 minutes to an hour. I have uninstalled and re installed office multiple times.
THIS IS UNACCEPTABLE.
Yes, this has started happening to me too. Very annoying as I am trying to edit documents for a research project. Also a brand new Mac. I did just find an app update from 17th July, so I'll see whether that works. For me, I have issues downloading from email/ online which is not at all helpful considering my learning resources are all online documents.
If we can send man to the moon, Microsoft, we can fix this problem, I reckon.
I just started writing my thesis today - only did 2 pages though luckily and then this occurred.
Saved the document, restarted Word and tried to open it again from recents... had the permissions error come up which took me by surprise.. then I think I tried to open it again it completely deleted my document!
Wasn't in my trash, nor the container files or auto recovery - completed deleted the file. Unbelievable.
How can MS be having such a crucial software error live in their Mac version of the program??? I mean it's saving/opening documents.
Obviously a lot of people are running into this issue (and since 2016) and nothing has been done to fix it - and people are angry at losing valuable work. I can't work on Word on Mac like this - with the fear of not being able to access your document and then have it delete it entirely. Ridiculous.