Invalid notebook name error - Microsoft OneNote

Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:37:36+00:00

I get the above error when I try to create a new blank notebook. I checked to make sure I am logged into my Microsoft Account, and have tried all variations I can think of like adding more words, separating the words with underscore, or dash lines. There is not button on the form to get more details about the error or what the fix would be. What should I do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:58:59+00:00

Hi, I'm Roberta, a Microsoft Advisor and I'm here to help and assist you!

Did you try to repair Onenote?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-06-27T00:25:49+00:00

    Neither reset or repair work. I have read this thread and cannot find any help. Please advise on your fix.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-06-28T14:39:16+00:00

    Hi Roberta,

    I tried to repair and reset, it did not help me. now I uninstalled the app. that was intstalled using my personal Microsoft account. now I tried install using bronkhorst account. I am unable to install. please help me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-07-08T15:03:59+00:00

    I literally just installed this. Why would I have to fix it already? How does it come broken?

    I am having the same issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-07-08T15:39:19+00:00

    I have run the repair and still getting the same message. Work stoppage. Who can help me?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments