Invalid notebook name error - Microsoft OneNote

Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:37:36+00:00

I get the above error when I try to create a new blank notebook. I checked to make sure I am logged into my Microsoft Account, and have tried all variations I can think of like adding more words, separating the words with underscore, or dash lines. There is not button on the form to get more details about the error or what the fix would be. What should I do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:58:59+00:00

Hi, I'm Roberta, a Microsoft Advisor and I'm here to help and assist you!

Did you try to repair Onenote?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-07-18T11:24:26+00:00

    Hi, I'm Roberta, a Microsoft Advisor and I'm here to help and assist you!

    Did you try to repair Onenote?

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

    Hope this helps!

    Thank you

    Sorry that is an inapropriate and off-topic answer.

    Please don't do an Office repair, it's the wrong app suite. OneNote is no longer part of Office 2019, so repairing Office will have no impact on OneNote.

    The question relates to the OneNote APP.!  (and not Miocrosoft Office OneNote 2016.)

    The current Office (2019/365) no longer has OneNote as part of the package.

    We are all having to struggle with the store app and it's inadequacies. We ignored it before because the Office application was so much more reliable and versatile.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-07-21T17:11:10+00:00

    Repairing didn't solve this problem for me. What should i do next?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-07-26T02:06:39+00:00

    The reason is because you need to log into your Microsoft account. After I did this, I could type in a notebook name.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-07-26T10:27:15+00:00

    The reason is because you need to log into your Microsoft account. After I did this, I could type in a notebook name.

    Nope, that doesn't help!

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments