Invalid notebook name error - Microsoft OneNote

Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:37:36+00:00

I get the above error when I try to create a new blank notebook. I checked to make sure I am logged into my Microsoft Account, and have tried all variations I can think of like adding more words, separating the words with underscore, or dash lines. There is not button on the form to get more details about the error or what the fix would be. What should I do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:58:59+00:00

Hi, I'm Roberta, a Microsoft Advisor and I'm here to help and assist you!

Did you try to repair Onenote?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-30T14:48:17+00:00

    Same here. Repair and reset did not resolve the issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-30T14:27:32+00:00

    Hi Roberta,

    I have the same problem and neither repair nor reset fixed the issue.   I'm on Windows 10 and attempting to use the Windows 10 app, and logged into my business account.  Please help.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-05-22T07:58:46+00:00

    Hi 

    I had this problem as well but found that I could open a new notebook once I changed my account. I have Onenote linked to 3 accounts, work, personal and university. When I tried to open it into the university account it came up with the invalid name error. Once I changed to my personal account there was no problem.

    On the create new notebook page there is a dropdown box located in the bottom left-hand corner that lets you choose which account to use. If that is there for you give it a try

    Hope this helps someone

    Was this answer helpful?

    3 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-05-18T19:53:00+00:00

    Same issue for me.  Have tried repair. Very frustrating.  If there's indeed something not valid with the notebook name there ought to be instruction on how to comply.  I'm putting in a very simple name, letters only.  Please fix

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments