Invalid notebook name error - Microsoft OneNote

Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:37:36+00:00

I get the above error when I try to create a new blank notebook. I checked to make sure I am logged into my Microsoft Account, and have tried all variations I can think of like adding more words, separating the words with underscore, or dash lines. There is not button on the form to get more details about the error or what the fix would be. What should I do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:58:59+00:00

Hi, I'm Roberta, a Microsoft Advisor and I'm here to help and assist you!

Did you try to repair Onenote?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-07-17T19:09:41+00:00

    I had a user with the same problem. User was assigned O365 Business in the portal, but not OneDrive, even though OneDrive was installed on the local PC.  As soon as I assigned OneDrive to the user, problem was resolved!

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-07-17T12:40:57+00:00

    not helping - the issue still persist

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-07-16T14:30:52+00:00

    Hi,

    I had the same error but it is solved in this way: in windows 10 it seems that there are two different OneNotes, namely: OneNote, OneNote 2016 (the version of my Microsoft office is 2016). And in order to avoid this error I start to use OneNote 2016. in this way everything works properly. So in the start menu choose the OneNote2016 (or I mean the OneNote with the version of your Microsoft office), (not the OneNote). Hope it works for you.

    Good luck.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-07-11T18:35:13+00:00

    Tried everything. Still, doesn't work

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments