Invalid notebook name error - Microsoft OneNote

Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:37:36+00:00

I get the above error when I try to create a new blank notebook. I checked to make sure I am logged into my Microsoft Account, and have tried all variations I can think of like adding more words, separating the words with underscore, or dash lines. There is not button on the form to get more details about the error or what the fix would be. What should I do?

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments
Answer accepted by question author
Anonymous
2019-04-17T16:58:59+00:00

Hi, I'm Roberta, a Microsoft Advisor and I'm here to help and assist you!

Did you try to repair Onenote?

https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

Hope this helps!

Thank you

Was this answer helpful?

9 people found this answer helpful.
0 comments No comments

48 additional answers

Sort by: Newest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-05-03T02:47:03+00:00

    Same here.  Very frustrating.  Selecting the repair option did not fix it.

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2019-05-01T20:56:06+00:00

    Hi,

    I have the same problem.  I can create notebooks in OneNote 2010, but not the Windows 10 app.

    I was previously logging in with my Microsoft account, but a new group policy is blocking that.  When I log in with my company account, I get the "Invalid Notebook Name" error.  I've tried running Repair and Reset in Apps & Features but that didn't resovle the issue.  

    Thanks,

    Adam

    Was this answer helpful?

    2 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2019-04-24T17:14:42+00:00

    I am experiencing the same issue and the repair did not do anything :(

    Was this answer helpful?

    8 people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2019-04-24T15:46:54+00:00

    Hi, I'm Roberta, a Microsoft Advisor and I'm here to help and assist you!

    Did you try to repair Onenote?

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/Repair...

    Hope this helps!

    Thank you

    Hi Roberta,

    I have the same issue.

    Repair or reset did not solve my issue.

    Was this answer helpful?

    10+ people found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments