Error code: 0xE0001462 bukxq 19999 OneNote

Anonymous
2019-04-16T12:08:01+00:00

I received this notice today on one of my newly created pages - 

Error code: 0xE0001462 bukxq 19999. The new page doesn't seem to sync even though there is no different data in this page than any other (just text and a few images). I tried shutting the program but it still won't sync

Microsoft 365 and Office | OneNote | For home | Windows

Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.

0 comments No comments

48 answers

Sort by: Oldest
  1. Anonymous
    2019-11-15T18:35:35+00:00

    OneNote finally started working now. 

    I would appreciate if the OneNote team has an explanation for this but I really doubt they will. 

    It's hard to trust such a product that doesn't seem to have any support. I believe so far enough people have reported this but OneNote team hasn't bothered to look at these issues. 

    This makes me wonder whether switching from OneNote to a more reliable note-taking app such as Evernote, Outline or Notion would be better.

    Sorry for the rant, but I'm kind of disappointed with the support.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  2. Anonymous
    2020-01-22T21:18:29+00:00

    I have had some luck with Syncing pages, by opening the the Notebook in a Browser window navigating to the Notebook through my Office 365 Portal.  While having OneNote Closed on my Desktop -  Using the *"Open in Desktop App"*This isn't a fix, but has been able to retain edits after encountering sync issues.  I still continue to have the 0xE0001462 bukxq 19999 error

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  3. Anonymous
    2020-01-22T21:53:44+00:00

    I used OneNote via web on my Mac to enter notes and it saved. I continued to make notes and add to the note without issues.

    A few hours later, with no break in between using OneNote, a yellow message appeared in the top right corner saying that it couldn't sync, that message went away and now it says "Saving..."

    I had to save the note to OneDrive.

    Now that I'm back at my desktop, when I open the OneNote app on Windows via a Virtual Desktop at work, the newest, most recent version did not sync. In the top right corner, it currently says “ Saved offline (error)” and when I click on that, it says “OneNote can't sync your notes right now. We'll keep trying. Page last synced at 3:15 PM | E0001462 bukxq 19999 "

    Microsoft on my Mac is up to date, I ran the auto-update check.

    Why did it sync originally, but now it's saying error? Are there known issues/errors when trying to sync OneNote from a Mac laptop to a windows desktop?

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments
  4. Anonymous
    2020-04-04T16:13:15+00:00

    This is what fixed the problem for me:

    This link describes it quite well:

    https://support.office.com/en-us/article/fix-issues-when-you-can-t-sync-onenote-299495ef-66d1-448f-90c1-b785a6968d45

    What really matters, if your onenote (windows 10 app)  has syncing problems:

    D o you have important information in your notes (on your local device) that hasn't synced with your Onedrive/ sharepoint versions?

    Checkt this by accessing the Onedrive/ sharepoint versions via oneDrive web-page or by right clicking on the notebook and choose "copy link to notebook" and paste the link to browser.

    If yes:

    Don't close your notebooks in the app or log off with your windows account, as this leads to the loss of your current version of notes( that are locally saved in your cache and cache gets deleted).

    Instead open the Onedrive/ sharepoint versions (accessible via web-page) in the app of your device.

    If possible move sections/ pages of the notebook that will not sync to the notebook opened via Onedrive/ sharepoint (this one should sync fine). If you transferred all important information to your newly opened notebook, delete the old one that doesn't sync.

    Now you should have all the original info that wouldn't sync in a notebook that does sync.

    If no:

    You have nothing to fear. Try to close the notebook and reopen it again. Or try to log off with your windows account and log in again.

    If you don't use the windows 10 app and use a version that still allows local saving of notebooks (like onenote 2016):

    Save your Notebook that has problem syncing with the cloud locally on your device. If this works you can share or move your notebook from there.

    This hopefully helps.

    Was this answer helpful?

    1 person found this answer helpful.
    0 comments No comments
  5. Anonymous
    2020-04-23T20:08:55+00:00

    I have the same problem with this error code E0001462 bukxq 19999. Please help me.

    Was this answer helpful?

    0 comments No comments