A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
The results show it is set for Zip Code:
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I have been using the same excel spreadsheet for over a year, without any problems. For the past coupe of days, a column I have formatted as Number/Special/Zip Code, places an error (triangle in the upper left corner of most cells (but not all) in that column only.
I go to the Excel Preferences/Error Ckecking and remove the checkmark in the 'Turn on background error checking' and the error indicator disappears until I shutdown and reboot (I can file the document and open it again, without problems).
This is on an iMac (Retina 5k 2017), running the macOS Mohave Version 10.14 with Office 365 with Microsoft Excel for Mac Version 16.17.
Any suggestions would be appreciated...
A family of Microsoft spreadsheet software with tools for analyzing, charting, and communicating data.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Select one of the cells that displays the error flag. Then press Command-1 and observe the format for the cell. I suspect the cell is not formatted as Zip Code as you thought it was.
I tried to reproduce the problem in version 16.19, but the problem does not reproduce.
If you want to try version 16.18, the next general release, you can get it today by joining Insider Slow. Or you can simply wait till next week when 16.18 is distributed to everyone.
Mr. Chen... his morning, when I opened the Workbook, the situation has returned but only on 37% of the 269 Zip Codes defined.
1.Please move your cursor to the error indicator and take a screenshot of the error message. (See below)
2.Since you have mentioned, you have been work with this spreadsheet without problem for a long time, could you recall any changes you have made before this issue happen? I have upgraded the macOS High Sierra 10.13.6 to Mohave 10.14 and Microsoft Office 365 Version 16.15 to Version 16.17. The content of the workbook is changed many times a day.
I checked with Apple support and there is no issue with their upgrade,
Any additional thoughts?
Hi Jacsdad,
Thanks for your update, it's my pleasure.
Feel free to post back, when you encounter other problems.
Regards,
Alex Chen
Thanks for you response. I removed the plist and unchecked the Turn on background error checking' and rebooted. The problem was resolved.
I then rebooted 3 additional times and dcheckmark in the 'Turn on background error checking' and the error indicator, did not return.
Thanks for your help...