A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
No bother to me, Thank you for helping
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am trying to open or preview a docx file in outlook or word. I have upgraded to office 365 thinking it would fix my issue with trying to preview/view docx files, but it has not. I can not preview it in outlook (says no previewer installed) and if I click to open it in Word I get an error saying "Word experienced an error trying to open the file", but if I do the dance to open it in Google Docs it opens without a problem. The files are not corrupt, it happens with ALL of the docx files I receive, and they are from a trusted source. I have tried to repair office with the online repair option with no change.
Please help me fix this issue so I don't have to use google to view my docx files. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and any suggestions provided.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
Can you save the information in the value for word delete it, Restart and then re create it.
The value name you have is this right? cant see well on image
{84F66100-FF7C-4fb4-B0C0-02CD7FB668FE}
Yes that is correct.
I did try to delete it, probably not correctly, then restarted and tried to add it with no success so I had to repair office again and it came back to the original value. I restarted the computer and still no change
Can you validate if this happens with excel files as well? please and trying to narrow the problem