A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
I was not able to view docx files before or after updates, also could not view with 2013 when that was installed
This browser is no longer supported.
Upgrade to Microsoft Edge to take advantage of the latest features, security updates, and technical support.
I am trying to open or preview a docx file in outlook or word. I have upgraded to office 365 thinking it would fix my issue with trying to preview/view docx files, but it has not. I can not preview it in outlook (says no previewer installed) and if I click to open it in Word I get an error saying "Word experienced an error trying to open the file", but if I do the dance to open it in Google Docs it opens without a problem. The files are not corrupt, it happens with ALL of the docx files I receive, and they are from a trusted source. I have tried to repair office with the online repair option with no change.
Please help me fix this issue so I don't have to use google to view my docx files. Thank you for taking the time to read this, and any suggestions provided.
A family of Microsoft word processing software products for creating web, email, and print documents.
Locked Question. This question was migrated from the Microsoft Support Community. You can vote on whether it's helpful, but you can't add comments or replies or follow the question.
I was not able to view docx files before or after updates, also could not view with 2013 when that was installed
To roll back the update, this link explain how
witch option?
We are getting few reports about issues with the last update, id highly try this option and if that did no solve the problem, will try another one. But i just helped someone with similar problem and this got solved with this.
This has been happening with my old office setup (office 2013) and the upgrade I made to office 365 about 1-2 weeks ago. I was hoping the upgrade would fix the problem but it has not. I did un-install the office 2013 as well and have completed any update that shows up including the newest windows 10 April update. As of 5:36pm today I have no available updates.
Thank you for your suggestion, do you have any other Ideas